Forgot your password? Remember me

Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: Kingdom Swim (29 or 30 July -Vermont), and All Things Northeast Kingdom!

Created on: 07/20/17 03:38 PM

Replies: 0

swensonagger

Serious Season Racer

Kingdom Swim (29 or 30 July -Vermont), and All Things Northeast Kingdom!
07/20/17 3:38 PM

Hello fellow FeXY teammates,

With my longest swim race/adventure coming up next weekend, I wanted to introduce everyone to the many challenges that await you in the famed "Northeast Kingdom!"

The Kingdom Swim itself is just the tip of the iceberg (but don't worry, the water temps are actually quite comfortable in the 70's during the month of July)!

The Kingdom Swim alone, offers multiple distances, all starting/finishing on the same fully supported beach site (real bathrooms/showers/camping on-site). You can choose from 1 mile, 3 miles, 6 miles, 10 miles, or a 25k.

There is also an entire week of long swims in multiple lakes in the northern Vermont area, and 2 opportunities throughout the year to swim the length of Lake Memphremagog (25 miles minimum)!

Additionally, there are multiple, fully-supported century rides, triathlons, running races, skiing, hiking, boating, wine tours (I know most of you enjoy a little bubbly once in awhile), and for those of you who enjoy off-roading/MTB, there is a new hotel/resort:

Burke Mountain: http://skiburke.com/visit-burke/accommodations/burkemountainhotel/

that offers bike-in/bike-out, as well as ski-in/ski-out in colder months.

Here is a link to the Northeast Kingdom Games website that contains links to all of the events:

http://kingdomgames.co/

Northern Vermont is quite a haul from the DC metro area, but with all the adventure and natural beauty of the area, I feel that it's worth the trip!

If you have any questions, I would be happy to help, or at least point you in the right direction.

Happy Swimming:)
* Last updated by: swensonagger on 7/20/2017 @ 3:40 PM *

Airborne All The Way!

Sara S.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.

Loading... Please wait.

members are attending
Where: